For this Thanksgiving I decided to try something a little different. I love bringing in food to work for my co-workers but decided that this time I should actually bake the food instead of buying it. So in honor of Thanksgiving I made Plymouth Rock cookies
The pictures don’t do the cookies justice. They really do look like rocks! But instead they are delicious cookies!
1. Make cookies. The great thing about these cookies are that you can use any cookie recipe to make these “rocks” and they will turn out. Pick your favorite, oatmeal, oatmeal chocolate chip, regular chocolate chip, or sugar cookies.
3. Carve 1620 into the cookies. 1620 was the first Thanksgiving, so honor it! A toothpick will work the best for the numbers.
4. Bake said cookies. Since you can choose which ever recipe you wish the cooking time will vary.
5. Will cookies are baking, mix the glaze.
Mix all the ingredients into a bowl and set aside. As you can tell from my pictures, I put a little too much green into mine. If the color doesn’t suit add a minimal squirts of color to get it just right.
6. Once the cookies are done baking, add glaze. Using a pastry brush, paint the glaze onto the cookies. Do the top and bottom for a realistic look!
7. Let the cookies “dry”.
8. Eat and Enjoy!
While the cookies look interesting, I promise they really are good and worth the effort. All my co-workers agreed that the cookies looked very much like real rocks! My first foray into baking cookies and decorating them turned into a success and I am extremely proud. So try them today and make them for your Thanksgiving party!